LONG TERM SOBRIETY
The only solution to addiction is permanent abstinence from the use of addictive substances. One of the greatest fears of clients in recovery is a lapse after all the hard work and time it takes to get sober. There are many tips to help you stay sober and lessen your risk of a lapse.
1. Join and participate in a sober fellowship.
2. Practice gratitude through prayer, meditation and volunteerism.
3. Stay away from risky situations.
4. Take care of your health both physical and mental.
5. Set personal goals and celebrate when you achieve them.
6. Surround yourself with positive people.
7. Get active, be good to yourself and also explore new hobbies.