A former Angel’s executive was criminally charged in the overdose death of Angels pitcher Tyler Skaggs. Eric Kay was arrested, in Fort Worth, Friday morning. Kay was the Angels’ communications director when Skaggs was found dead in his hotel room on July 1, 2019, while the team was in town to play the Texas Rangers. An investigation conducted by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration found Kay allegedly supplied pills laced with fentanyl to Skaggs in his hotel room. Skaggs, 27, was found dead after police responded to a report of an unconscious man in a hotel room in Southlake, Texas. He was pronounced dead at the scene after choking on his vomit with a toxic mix of alcohol, fentanyl and oxycodone in his system, the Tarrant County (Texas) medical examiner's office said last August. The autopsy showed 38 nanograms per milliliter of oxycodone, 3.8 nanograms per milliliter of fentanyl along with a blood alcohol level of 0.122% (0.08% is considered legally impaired) according to an ESPN article. Although there are many deaths like this each year, my hope is when the death involves a celebrity that it educates the American public about drug addiction and the risks involved with fentanyl. This disease does not discriminate and no one is immune.